Mairehau High School Enrolment Zone
To avoid overcrowding, or the likelihood of overcrowding, the Board of Mairehau High School has adopted an enrolment scheme that has been approved by the Secretary for Education.
Under this scheme, students will be enrolled if they live within the home zone described below.
All students who live within the home zone described shall be eligible to enrol at Mairehau High School.
From the Colombo Street Bridge over the Otakaro / Avon River
- North along the East side only of Colombo Street to Edgeware Road
- East along the South side only of Edgeware Road to Cranford Street
- North along the East side only of Cranford Street to the intersection with the Northern Motorway
- North along the East side only of the Northern Motorway to the Waimakariri River
- East along the South bank of the Waimakariri River to the coastline
- South along the coastline to Beach Road
- East along Beach Road (both sides) to Frosts Road
- South along the West side only of Frosts Road to ANZAC Drive (SH74)
- South along the West side only of ANZAC Drive (SH74) to the Otakaro / Avon River
- West along the North bank of the Otakaro / Avon River to the Colombo Street Bridge.
Addresses on both sides of boundary roads are considered in-zone unless specified otherwise.
The enrolment of out-of-zone students is governed by the provisions of the Education Act 1989.
The enrolment scheme, which includes a precise description of the home zone, may be viewed at the Mairehau High School office where copies of the scheme are also available.